Let’s see the recipe now which I found here – Thanks for recipe and picture!
600 g joint of beef
3 TL mustard, Pepper, salt, red pepper powder (paprika)
20 g foie gras or cooking oil
1 leek stem
celery leaves and root
1 garlic clove
100 g mushrooms (white or brown)
1/8 L red wine
1/8 L broth
3 EL heavy cream
3 TL corn starch
150 g pasta (preferably Spaetzle)
500 g brussels sprouts
20 g butter
How to make it
The meast will be specially tender if you spread a thin layer of mustard over the meat before you fry it. The best meat for this recipe is beef shoulder.
– Dry the meat with kitchen paper
– Add mustard into a bowl and mix it with salt, pepper, and paprika.
– Spread mustard evenly over the meat and massage it into the meat.
– Heat lard in a skillet and fry the meat from all sides
– Take meat out of the pot, wrap it in aluminium foil and keep it warm
– Peel onion, cut it in rough pieces; clean leek and slice it; chop celery root and stem into cubes; peel garlic and cut it in pieces; clean mushrooms and cut them in pieces
– in using the same pot which you used for the meat (in the same fat) fry all the vegetable and deglaze it with red wine
– Let it cook for a little bit (some minutes on low heat); you will get the important meat juice (gravy, jus)
– Put meat togetehr with the jus back into the stewing pan and let it cook on low heat (jus should not boil) so it is braising
– Put a lid on and let it braise for at least 90 minutes
– Take meat out of the pan, wrap it in aluminium foil and keep it warm
How to make the GravyPuree the vegetable and the jus
– Add the broth (I would use vegetable broth, organic, home made)
– Put cream into a bowl and stir in starch flour, mix it
– Bring jus to a boil and mix in the starch (you should get a creamy gravy, not too thick and not too thin)
– Put back the meat into the gravy
How to make side dishes
– Cook Spaetzle per instructions
– Clean Brussels Sprouts and cook them in water until they are soft; melt some butter and toss them in the butter; add salt and pepper
– Take meat out of the gravy and cut slices horizontal (thick as a finger)
Serve it – Guten Appetit!